

Venturing into the black powder world.
Drop tubes, wads, lube cookies, vibrating case, compression, bullet lube and thats just scratching the surface.
Powder choice right now is Swiss 1 1/2fg, 70 grains to start.
.05 and .017 wads. Using 1 .017 wad under bullet.
500 grain bullet.
tapping case 20X to get powder to settle 1/2 inch for bullet seating. .11 powder compression.
Will look around for a drop tube later today.
Need bp bullet lube and a blow tube for after shot softening.
What else?
Finally got out to shoot the new toy. Yup I'm a convert. Hit the 500 with the last shot. The others went over into the trees.
Proof:
So I have found a recipe that seems to work and chamber OK.
500gr bullet, 3.7cc of 1 1/2 swiss powder(62.9grains) down a 24 inch drop tube, a .017 wad and a .030 wad. This puts about .11 compression/compaction on the powder.
The bullet lube is 50% bees wax and 50% (baby oil/corn oil/pure lanolin/red crayon and a dash of alox) No leading at all.
Cleaned up easily with windex and water. 6 patches and your done.
I need to cast some more bullets, argh!
Will likely load up some bp loads for the other 45/70's that I own now!!
PURE FUN


.
My wife is less than appreciative when I'm double-boiling the lube in one of her sauce pans...
wait until you use boiling water to remove the blue waxy grease from prelubed bullets and then splash some of the floating hot wax on the carpet. She seemed distinctly testy over that one :>( :>(
cheers mooncoon

I'm a proud owner of a Pedersoli Sharpes "Boss" with a 34" barrel... I had mine down at the Sherwood park range between Christmas and new years testing some loads I ordered mine through Bilozir guns out of Dewinton, Alberta. I ordered a soule tang site and a 500 gn spitzer mould for my loads. I cant wait until it warms up a tad.. YAHOO congrats on your toy.. we are going to have loads o fun with them..!





























