The rifle shoppe kits

I understand regulation is a big issue with doubles.

This guy has some of the best and may be one of the best builders in the world. Some people put him up there. I don't know enough to say either way. but I like what I see.

It's way out of my league.

guns-custom-03-thmb.jpg


Clark Industries

guns-custom-10-thmb.jpg


guns-custom-11-thmb.jpg


guns-cased-rifle-01.jpg


It's a nice site to poke around for great looking guns and more.
 
Last edited:
I first met John in the early '70s, visited his shop quite often. Haven't talked to him in years, though.
That is the sort of quality gun that would justify the use of the Lancaster barrels I mentionned.
 
Another point that is likely covered on gunnutz somewhere is shipping, import, quality speed, accuracy etc.. Are they Canadian friendly?

Should one go through a dealer, do it on your own, what's the smart way.

So back to why is Cabin Creek the best?
 
Cabin Creek use only the best components, e.g. Colerain swamped barrel, Siler locks (tuned by cabincreek) + they will ensure you get a nicely grained stock.
 
Cabin Creek use only the best components, e.g. Colerain swamped barrel, Siler locks (tuned by cabincreek) + they will ensure you get a nicely grained stock.

It's debatable if Siler really are the best locks out there - just sayin...

Ask Davis, L&R or Chambers lock owners whose is the best and they will likely not say Siler.

Personally I find the Siler frizzen springs to be overpowered and the geometry to not be ideal. YMMV.
 
Cabin Creek use only the best components, e.g. Colerain swamped barrel, Siler locks (tuned by cabincreek) + they will ensure you get a nicely grained stock.

Ok, so how does Jim Chambers differ in quality?

One thing right away, is that Jim Chambers has more variety.

I'm looking for more reasons.

Is that Colerain crowned? Jim chambers barrels are not crowned.

I've heard nothing but the best about the J.C. stocks.
 
It's done.

I called this a.m., spoke with Barbie and ordered. I won't see it until January at the earliest. Barrels are out of stack and stocks are out of stock.

So I have a lot of time on my hands.

:(

I have some powder, so I'll get busy and shoot it up.

Thinking of buying a less involved and less expensive kit and maybe doing it until my fowler gets here.

I opted for the stock that is up one from the low end grade in curly maple.
 
Back
Top Bottom