Suka
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Looking for some advice. I will be doing some muzzleloader hunting next year. I may even do the whole season m/l. We currently have a Safari Arms and a JB Mountain Rifle, both in .54 percussion. A few yrs ago I hunted with the safari arms during regular rifle season.
I enjoy shooting them both, but the idea of a flintlock has always interested me. I have never shot one though, and hesitate to spend 600 on a new Lyman great plains to find out it's not my cup of tea, since lets face it, a used flinter isn't the easiest resell. Plus, I'm not a fan of the double/set trigger.
I know I blew it, there was one on the ee ahwile ago at a good price, I hesitated. (no icon for kicking yourself in the ass)
Since both wife and son also hunt, I'm not interested in selling one of our percussions to fund a flinter.
I'm sure I would enjoy a flintlock, but while I enjoy a good challenge, I lose interest in something that's a constant pain in the butt. How common are misfires, and how much do you have to #### around with the flints?
Any suggestions on both wether I should get a flintlock, and also a good reliable make in the lyman price range that's single trigger?
thanks.
I enjoy shooting them both, but the idea of a flintlock has always interested me. I have never shot one though, and hesitate to spend 600 on a new Lyman great plains to find out it's not my cup of tea, since lets face it, a used flinter isn't the easiest resell. Plus, I'm not a fan of the double/set trigger.
I know I blew it, there was one on the ee ahwile ago at a good price, I hesitated. (no icon for kicking yourself in the ass)
Since both wife and son also hunt, I'm not interested in selling one of our percussions to fund a flinter.
I'm sure I would enjoy a flintlock, but while I enjoy a good challenge, I lose interest in something that's a constant pain in the butt. How common are misfires, and how much do you have to #### around with the flints?
Any suggestions on both wether I should get a flintlock, and also a good reliable make in the lyman price range that's single trigger?
thanks.


















































