We just had our annual CAS event and one of our members shot one of his Walkers along with his '60 Army in the "Frontiersman" class, which means he had to use one hand. He's done this before shooting a pair of '47s. He's a big boy at 270 lbs and can handle them, but for most people, it's a two handed gun.
I sold my walker but kept my Colt 2nd Gen 3rd Model Dragoon. This is the heaviest gun I can safely and effectively shoot with one hand, but rapidity of shots doesn't happen.
I put on several period arms sessions for the re-enactment group I belonged to as many of them were not into guns. The men all had to shoot the Walker and insisted that it be max loaded. After three shots they developed a world class flinch and only shot the gun dry because the ladies were watching. Accuracy at 15 yds was non-existent.
The ladies shot my 2nd Gen Colt '51 Navy and had no problems keeping their rds in the black.