UMC 9mm

Sp0r3

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I'm fairly new to handguns and I recently bought 10 boxes of Remington UMC 9mm from a local store. While physically inspecting the rounds for one of the boxes at home, I've noticed something unusual about the sitting of one of the bullet on a brass. The bullet seems to be pushed way deeper than what it should be. I know 1 in 50 isn't that bad given that the rounds are mass produced. But should I be worried when firing rounds that are not up to spec?

05092010076-1.jpg
 
I, personally, would not fire that round.
I can see 2 potential problems: 1- excess pressure build up due to compressed powder charge. 2-it appears that the top of the brass is exposed above the bullet which could cause it to fold down when chambered

Was the packaging damaged when you bought it? I have seen some minor OAL variances with factory ammo but that is excessive.
 
I, personally, would not fire that round.
I can see 2 potential problems: 1- excess pressure build up due to compressed powder charge. 2-it appears that the top of the brass is exposed above the bullet which could cause it to fold down when chambered

Was the packaging damaged when you bought it? I have seen some minor OAL variances with factory ammo but that is excessive.

The packaging is not damaged when I bought it. It was shipped to the store in a cardboard box of 10 packaged boxes. The cardboard box was intact and the packing tape was not cut when I received it. The 10 packaged boxes do not seemed to be damaged in any way. I have only physically inspected 1 of the 10 boxes I have.

I guess I'll leave that round alone until I start reloading 9mm's. This is my first time purchasing UMC 9mm's and I was worried if there were any QC issues with the brand. Thanks for the confirmation.
 
I have gone through 1500 rds of UMC this year. It worked flawlessly in my Glock but I it would constantly jam in my Walther P1 and would not allow my SIG 226 to lock back after the last round. It appears that many rounds are 1 to 2 mm shorter than AE and S&B that I also shoot.
 
I have the same Problem with "Wolf 9mm TMJ" . In a Box of 50 at least 2-4 are shorter .They shoot ok but quality/size control is obviously non existent .

o' well, only 900 rounds to go:bangHead:
 
Last edited:
I have the same Problem with "Wolf 9mm TMJ" . In a Box of 50 at least 3-5 are shorter .They shoot ok but quality/size control is obviously non existent .

o' well, only 900 rounds to go:bangHead:

Damn - I have the same issue!

I purchased 500 rounds of Wolf 9mm TMJ and every box has short ones like that!

I was told to contact Wolf about the issue with my purchase (I assume there have been other people with the same issues for them to want to know about it)
 
Hi, I'm fairly new to handguns and I recently bought 10 boxes of Remington UMC 9mm from a local store. While physically inspecting the rounds for one of the boxes at home, I've noticed something unusual about the sitting of one of the bullet on a brass. The bullet seems to be pushed way deeper than what it should be. I know 1 in 50 isn't that bad given that the rounds are mass produced. But should I be worried when firing rounds that are not up to spec?

05092010076-1.jpg

it look as a set-back of the bullit in the case due to not enough crim/or defective resizing of the case...whatever.

it even cant be properly crimped as it is showed in the pic, the bullit is inserted way past the point of the slope where the diameter start to decrease till the tip.

if you have a bullit puller, fine, otherwise dont shoot it.
 
Damn - I have the same issue!

I purchased 500 rounds of Wolf 9mm TMJ and every box has short ones like that!

I was told to contact Wolf about the issue with my purchase (I assume there have been other people with the same issues for them to want to know about it)



Here is an Picture , 50 round Box Wolf 9mm TMJ randomly open'd , in every box at least 2 mostly 4-5 rounds like that. At 1000 rounds this ads up quite a bit.
buying cheep means buying twice.

I also gonna send an e-mail to SFRC about that.

IMG_1365.jpg
 
I bought my ammo from SFRC too, and Ryan is the one who told me to contact Wolf via email regarding the issue

Here's a picture I took of some stubbies/dirty ammo (can't see in the photo but the copper is discoloured and the casing has dirt/gunk on it)



wolf.jpg
 
You have to go online to order BDX ammo directly from BDX (sorry - no link available). You might have a long wait as it's a small operation and he's got contracts with several police agencies that have priority with him.
 
If you see those in your box just drop Wolf and I an email. I've been shooting Wolf's ammo for over 10 years and this is the first I've seen this happen. We opened about 50 boxes from various cases a couple weeks ago and didn't find one like the ones pictured so I'm thinking it was isolated to a small run.

Ryan

where can I by BDX in 9mm and have it shipped to Toronto ? Looks like nobody from the site sponsors is having them?
 
Back
Top Bottom