W.R.A Co. 45 EX.

Lucien762

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have inherited some firearms and some assorted old pieces of old brass, dummy rounds, and ammunition. Amongst the boxes of old firearm paraphernalia I have come across a relatively large cartridge with the headstamp W.R.A. Co. 45 EX.
In my research, I have not been able to find anything more than it was obviously produced by Winchester Repeating Arms Company, and the EX represented 45 EXPO.

fbx


fbx


Does anybody have any information on this round? I am curious as to when it was used, and what it was used for. I have never heard of it before, let alone seen it.

Thanks,
Lucien
 
Try the .45-125 Winchester otherwise known as the .45-125-300 Winchester Express.
This is a obsolete US cartridge.
 
There are several variations of .450 Express cartridges so I would guess it is one of them. The Cartridges of the World book has info and pictures of several of them.
 
The Winchester 45 Express was chambered in the Model 1885 single shot up to 1909.
AKA 45-125-300 3 1/4".
 
Back
Top Bottom