I just got a Mk II Webley (no * or **) all matching and with not as many proof marks as I would think. I managed to figure out the "crown over vk over flags over 2p" to be the second proofing mark, the "broad arrow over WD" as war department (meaning government owed) and the broad arrow on every part to just mean "OK". The last one I can't find any information about and is bugging me. Its a simple "crown over B over 9" and other then it may be related to Birmingham I am at a loss.
here are some pictures:
And on a side note, how common is this apparent restraint in stamping a British firearm? I was under the impression the British went a little heavy on the proofing stamp side.
here are some pictures:
And on a side note, how common is this apparent restraint in stamping a British firearm? I was under the impression the British went a little heavy on the proofing stamp side.


















































