Good day,
Below please find some photos of a Westley-Richards muzzle loader.
The bore measures about .58 and appears to have no lands. It has a serial number 24 on the side of the Knox form, a Westley-Richards marked lock and a Westley-Richards marked sight leaf.
I sent some photos to Westley-Richards and they scratched their collective head.
They way it is stocked-up, I'm guessing it might date from the 1840s or 1850s.
So, what do I have and what is it worth?
Thanks and cheers!
Dave
Below please find some photos of a Westley-Richards muzzle loader.
The bore measures about .58 and appears to have no lands. It has a serial number 24 on the side of the Knox form, a Westley-Richards marked lock and a Westley-Richards marked sight leaf.
I sent some photos to Westley-Richards and they scratched their collective head.
They way it is stocked-up, I'm guessing it might date from the 1840s or 1850s.
So, what do I have and what is it worth?
Thanks and cheers!
Dave


















































