BeaverMeat
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- Nanaimo, B.C.
Broomhandle
2nd on the mauser broomahndle - definitely won't have any problems with the ammunition being too weak![]()
You can get those antique status??? wow i think i found my next antique! I bet they're probably hard to find in canada and quite expensive?
7.63x25mm and 9mm Parabellum. There was also a Chinese-manufactured model chambered for .45 ACP.
There was one this week on the EE that was redone in 22lr. Was asking 5K. That didn't last 2 days.
Moe
If it was in .22 it wasn't antique. It's not that hard.The .22 c-96 was listed as antique. My understanding is that it fell under the serial number cutoff for antiques so could be restored back to original caliber by relining or replacing the upper (later version upper may not match though) and then be recognized as an antique by the RCMP. Thus the low price of 5k - for all the footwork required
All antique c-96 were originally made in 7.63x25 but they _could_ be rechambered to something else in their lifetime.
Good luck finding one - they are few and far between. On average I see about one a year - last one before this was on consignment at the CSC for over double what they wanted for this .22 example.
Yes they are nice for wilderness protection because of the powerful cartridge, but they also have that inherent problem of semiautomatics - unlike revolvers, if they misfire you are done until you can cycle it using _both_ hands.
My error. As I recall it was in another 22 rimfire chambering similar to but not 22lr, but was able to reliably shoot 22lr. I believe that is why it was an antique. It was not chambered in 22 short, 22 long, or 22 long rifle which would make it restricted.
Moe
My error. As I recall it was in another 22 rimfire chambering similar to but not 22lr, but was able to reliably shoot 22lr. I believe that is why it was an antique. It was not chambered in 22 short, 22 long, or 22 long rifle which would make it restricted.
Moe
was listed as .22 stinger
.22 stinger is .22 LR... I'm amazed if it was lettered.
Not that I'd do it, but why not a .44 cap & ball revolver? Good chunk of lead out the front. Dirt simple in design & a lot of them were built like tanks... And if the da bear shoves it up your arse it may not hurt as much do to fewer moving parts....[/QUOTE
I like it ! If nothing else all the smoke and the pop will hopefully scare the hell out of the bear , then under the cover of the smoke screen you just created , run like hell !
I've got a Werder (11.5x35R) Single shot, lumpy, but powerful and good rate of fire. Martini style action is way beyond revolver strengths. Downside: $5@ for brass. Shoots any .452" bullet, but I'm still hunting for the 330 grain Webley style bullet it should have.
Another solid: a 50/70 Remington rolling block (~$2K)
The spec for the Werder BTW was punching a 3/16" tempered steel breastplate at 50m.
Got any pics? Those look like well made interesting guns



























