Where to find springs for an original marlin 1893?

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Anyone know where a guy could find a flat mainspring for an original 1893 marlin? There any shops you guys would suggest looking up?
 
Numrich Gun Parts, West Hurley, New York, USA. Not sure of their out-of-country shipping, however.
Jon

All good, order away. There is a minimum export fee though so stock up. Whenever I order out of Numrich I make sure I have a laundry list.

Wolff (ww w.gunsprings.com) though is probably your best bet for a flat mainspring though, and the same export fees won't apply. Order from them often enough, no issues at all and the shipping charges are decent.
 
Numerich sells a modern version of the Marlin mainsprings but some Marlinowners folks that have tried them have decidedly mixed results with them...a few have worked but most haven't. They aren't a real flat spring as was originaly used in them, they are a heavy wire spring shaped to fit where the old one was. One thing I will add, the main spring that fits an 1893 or 93 wont work in an original 1895 or vice-versa.

if your looking for a 1893 spring they are a bit easier to find from the "gun wrecker parts guys" than one for an 1895 ( if you do find any for the 1895 buy 2...I need one also).
 
if you have the original to copy, it would not be difficult to make a new one. I make my springs out of drill rod and your limiting factor is going to be having a heat source that will allow you to heat the metal red hot so that you can forge it to approximate dimensions. If you choose that route, email me and I will walk you through it

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom