Where's the 7.62x54mm Russian Surplus?

Surplus Ammo is very hard to get in this caliber now. I usually only find it in bags of 50 rounds for 30 bucks at the Orangeville Gun Show (Damn, now I've given up my source ;)
I enjoy this caliber, but honestly, I would prefer to get into reloading it. The only commercial availiable for it that I know of is PRVI Partisan. Their stuff is really good and reloadable too. Pricey though, $24.00 or so for 20. My gunsmith had 5 boxes of the Mosin ammo and I bought it all up, at$ 7.50 per 20. That is all gone though.

EDIT: Oddly, I remember hearing about imports of 1990's Czech and Russian Sniper Ammo for the Dragunov that were imported in bulk, they seem to have either been bought and hoarded or dissapeared, I have only seen 3 boxes of 20 rounds of it in my life.
 
Why dont we have Russian commercial ammo like Wolf or Brown Bear ??????

Because SOMEONE has to put up the $$$$$ to get it approved. After paying for approvals, shipping and customs delays, (think in terms of years) it's not going to be anywhere near the same price you get in the US.
 
Back
Top Bottom