who wants 5.7x28 ammo

bluestratus

CGN Regular
Rating - 97.9%
45   1   1
Location
osw
hi guys is there a big demand for this ammo, might be getting some from a buddy to sell for him. I think he said its 40 grain ballistic tip stuff but not sure
Something like 1000 rounds, havent got a clue where he got it from but i think hes had it for a while. Any idea what its worth?
 
I'm sure those of us who have the FN Five-seveN or the FN PS90 will have a bidding war over the ammo, as the only other known way to get any is purchase a FN Five-seveN from one of the site sponsors which also gives you the right to purchase up to a maximum of 1000 rounds of 5.7x28mm.

Their prices for 5.7x28mm is "1,000rds at $36/50rds" which isn't all that outrageous, but you gotta buy a pistol from them.

Plus, isn't this ammo prohib?
 
No the AP rounds for the P90 are, there are training rounds available that are not.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Why is this ammo not widely available? The sporting ammo is made by Fiocchi (in Italy, I figure), so it's not like the US isn't allowing any export of it.

Anyone who brings in some PS90 will be a rich man or woman by the end of the week.
 
Yes I am a Greedy Bastard

I've offered a small fortune to anybody willing to sell it. There are about 11 registered in Canada to civilians. Every single one of them know it, and won't part with it. Greedy basterds!


Don't you know it. You can ask my widow for it when that day happens.
 
Why is this ammo not widely available? The sporting ammo is made by Fiocchi (in Italy, I figure), so it's not like the US isn't allowing any export of it.

PART 5

PROHIBITED AMMUNITION
Former Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 10
1. Any cartridge that is capable of being discharged from a commonly available semi-automatic handgun or revolver and that is manufactured or assembled with a projectile that is designed, manufactured or altered so as to be capable of penetrating body armour, including KTW, THV and 5.7 x 28 mm P-90 cartridges.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/ShowFullDoc/cr/SOR-98-462//20090805/en
 
....a projectile that is designed, manufactured or altered so as to be capable of penetrating body armour.

Not all 5.7X28mm projectiles were designed for this purpose, therefore SS195, SS196 & SS197 5.7X28mm are not prohibited.

.
 
I picked up 1000 rounds of SS197's today, cost was $450US, $54 in taxes at the boarder(port of entry)

My Five-Seven
IMG_1209.jpg


Ammo
17HMR, SS195, SS196(not made anymore) and a .223
IMG_1215.jpg


Ammo
SS195, SS196, SS197
5.jpg


My Daughter, holding my PS90 when she was 6months old
100_1644.jpg


PS90
 
Back
Top Bottom