I am also surprised that some of the CGN members that are members of the WCA and CFM have not offered to letter the 86 22" barrel rifle for Chemist. It would save him $75 and these members know they can get free faxed or e-mail confirmation for the gun. I am sure Chemist would PM the serial number to a member. I have done my share for members in the past in an effort to help out new collectors and CGN members.
Just my comments to this thread
Road King
I am also surprised that some of the CGN members that are members of the WCA and CFM have not offered to letter the 86 22" barrel rifle for Chemist. It would save him $75 and these members know they can get free faxed or e-mail confirmation for the gun. I am sure Chemist would PM the serial number to a member. I have done my share for members in the past in an effort to help out new collectors and CGN members.
Just my comments to this thread
Road King
A rusted gun a bit but a little rare with the rapid taper barrel. I told the guy if he was ever interested in selling let me know. In the end I never got to purchase the gun, but you did. Strange world14 May 2009 09:47:34 -0600
On your model 1886, serial number 135874:
Date In: 10-18-1905
Type: rifle
Caliber: 45/90
Barrel Shape: octagon
Barrel Length: 28”
Trigger: plain
Magazine: 1/2
Date Shipped: 10-20-1905
Order Number: 31539
I hear you Brian. I myself have lettered guns for for free for other people.
2 I lettered here http://www.winchestercollector.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3316
a month ago
and another 1 I lettered for a member of this site a year ago.
A rusted gun a bit but a little rare with the rapid taper barrel. I told the guy if he was ever interested in selling let me know. In the end I never got to purchase the gun, but you did. Strange world
Meanea
I must edit my post to be fair to Brian however, I do not think he purchased from the Nutz I lettered it for.
That serial number is pretty close to a full octagon, half mag '86 I had (#132525), except mine was not a tapered barrel. I'm not a member of Cody either, so I can't help out.and another 1 I lettered for a member of this site a year ago.
A rusted gun a bit but a little rare with the rapid taper barrel. I told the guy if he was ever interested in selling let me know. In the end I never got to purchase the gun, but you did. Strange world
Meanea
Hey Meanea, that is correct, the gun went for $6400
Road King
Any good news on this Ryan? Or was it tampered with.
The letter came today and this gets stranger by the minute. It says it is a 38/56 with an Octagon barrel and a plain trigger.
Well the gun is a 45/70 with a 1/2 and 1/2 barrel. The barrel is stamped 45-70 and has "Manufactured by the Winchester Repeating Arms Co Newhaven Conn USA" stamped on the top.
Do you think someone changed the barrel with a factory one?



























