Would it be legal if I cut down the barrel on a 32 rimfire?

There are a couple of reasons.
1 it would be smaller more of a hiking friendly gun.
2 you can buy them for a couple of hundred less than you can get a rimfire revolver.
I think a 12 inch barrel and a pistol grip would be pretty awesome, and if it isn't you're not out much $.
 
Yes, disfiguring an antique .32 rimfire rifle is a really good idea.

In case you haven't noticed already, talking about destroying an antique isn't going to win you any friends here.
 
Last edited:
Trust me I know that "Bubba" is about as highly thought of around here as a "libtard".
So I should call the rcmp "specialists" and ask?
This is all hypothetical as I don't own a 32 rimfire rifle. and if I did I would get a professional gunsmith to do the work.
 
The title says it all. Would it be legal if I had an old single shot 32 rimfire and cut down the barrel?
I know that as an antique it isn't covered by the same set of laws as non restricted.

it would be legal as long as it was legally an antique, and not a non restricted. Antiques arent legally firearms until you commit a crime with one. however, you would be "commiting a moral crime" by chopping a piece of history. :/
 
it would be legal as long as it was legally an antique, and not a non restricted. Antiques arent legally firearms until you commit a crime with one. however, you would be "commiting a moral crime" by chopping a piece of history. :/

this. trust me ive been tempted to make a lupara out of a old cheap percussion double witch I still mite do if I find the right one
 
Defiling an antique is blasphemous.
Aim your prayer rug North and say twenty Hail Marys for Odin.

Then, go purchase a short shotgun from Canada Ammo for less money than an antique and a hacksaw would cost.

You are now absolved of sin.
 
it would be legal as long as it was legally an antique, and not a non restricted. Antiques arent legally firearms until you commit a crime with one. however, you would be "commiting a moral crime" by chopping a piece of history. :/
Correct and succinct :D.

So I should call the rcmp "specialists" and ask?

I would actually advise against this. Not only would you most likely be getting the opinion of the person on the other end of the phone but you would be bringing even more attention to the antique category. I think we can all agree this is something best avoided when possible ;).
 
Correct and succinct :D.



I would actually advise against this. Not only would you most likely be getting the opinion of the person on the other end of the phone but you would be bringing even more attention to the antique category. I think we can all agree this is something best avoided when possible ;).

^ this +100
 
this. trust me ive been tempted to make a lupara out of a old cheap percussion double witch I still mite do if I find the right one

yeah, I hear ya. I can understand the temptation to "functionalize" an old cheap wore out shotgun that maybe had pitted shot out barrels. But I sure wouldnt admit to doing it, at least on here anyways. ;)
 
There have been a number of shortened back in the day antiques sold here in the EE. I don't find it a big deal unless it was done to a valuable rare firearm or one in exceptional condition.
 
@ TOKGUY:

Yes, but that was a very special case: there was nothing left to preserve. You actually did a fine job with that old-timer and I understand that she is now under restoration.

This is different: Bubba is talking about a hacksaw job on a shootable rifle, essentially making it into a pistol.

F**k!

I have spent the last 50 years trying to preserve some of these old things. Then I come on here (the LAST place I would have suspected)..... and find BUBBA waiting for me!

Equinox soon is here. Time to find a sacrifice and get ready for the Sacred Rite of the Execration of Bubba once more.

Ritual starts when the first stars are seen, big bonfire, concludes with clouds of powder-smoke into the sky, followed by massive consumption of Ale.

Helluvva job, but somebody's gotta do it.
 
Back
Top Bottom