AlbertaGunslinger
Regular
- Location
- The Wide Open Prairie
Hi just wondering what the going rate for this stuff is in Canada these days. I have a chance to buy some and am wondering if the price is fair.
Be careful about the term "penetraters"...It's not armour peircing, or anything like that...M855 ammo is merely a 62gr bullet (green tipped to indicate so), as opposed to the M193, which is 55gr...Well then I dont feel so bad cause Im gonna get loaded LC for not too much more than that. Maybe I should buy more, this deal is looking better and better. Next on my list is some M855 penetrators.
i bought AE XM193 all LC brass from henry (BUDGET SHOOTER SUPLY) about 3 month ago for 80+tax 200RD
Be careful about the term "penetraters"...It's not armour peircing, or anything like that...M855 ammo is merely a 62gr bullet (green tipped to indicate so), as opposed to the M193, which is 55gr...
Also, many a person, and dealers, freely interchange the term .223 with 5.56...They are not the same...
Be careful about the term "penetraters"...It's not armour peircing, or anything like that...M855 ammo is merely a 62gr bullet (green tipped to indicate so), as opposed to the M193, which is 55gr...
Also, many a person, and dealers, freely interchange the term .223 with 5.56...They are not the same...
That's what I was saying...It's not AP....No it isn't, M855 has a steel penetrator, it is not classified as AP, nor would it be illegal if it was as AP rifle ammo is legal.
M193...You can never have too much of the stuff....Or any other military grade ammo....Ok I know M855 is not AP but it does have a steel penetrator(core) which offers superiour penetration charictaristics as opposed to other ammo. Oh and yes I know that people like to represent .223 as 5.56 but I know for a fact the ammo in question is 5.56 M193.
If you can get it for a buck a round, or less, buy it...
Yes, "those were the days", but remember, it was President Bill ("I did not have ###...") Clinton who banned the sale of military surplus ammo to civilians...The price is steep, but it's always nice to have a few rounds of military grade ammo laying aroundA buck a round is crazy, even at today's rates. Seems like not that long ago I was paying $109/1000...
Yes, "those were the days", but remember, it was President Bill ("I did not have ###...") Clinton who banned the sale of military surplus ammo to civilians...The price is steep, but it's always nice to have a few rounds of military grade ammo laying around...
Ok I know M855 is not AP but it does have a steel penetrator(core) which offers superiour penetration charictaristics as opposed to other ammo. Oh and yes I know that people like to represent .223 as 5.56 but I know for a fact the ammo in question is 5.56 M193.



























