Very Intresting 1875 Remy (mayor of Tombstones 1882)

I never said anywhere i would reblue it.
I will put orignal parts with the same patina on them so its a functional revolver tho.
adding parts doesnt alter what i have.
its last 135 years i bet the last 100 just as it sits.
its got some weird hairline areas where the metals gone they look like craks but there not im not sure if it was in a fire and there heat stress fractures or what.
anyway its not getting refinished not by me anyway.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood then... for a minute I thought this thread was talking about some radical refinishing of the gun back to a shiny like-new condition. I didn't know it was just about adding some parts and nothing more.

My bad.

:p
 
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood then... for a minute I thought this thread was talking about some radical refinishing of the gun back to a shiny like-new condition. I didn't know it was just about adding some parts and nothing more.

My bad.

:p

No Worries i did say in one post that when i was buying it my intention was to do that (make it back into a nice looking shooter) But as soon as i found out who Clum was that idea went out the window.
I like theses so much i pulled the one outa the EE i had listed.
Being as i have a New Zealand one with british proofmarks and a Apache police one i figger i should stick to 75s as my main thing to collect.
They are nicer to me than even the best SAA colt i have owned.
 
No Worries i did say in one post that when i was buying it my intention was to do that (make it back into a nice looking shooter) But as soon as i found out who Clum was that idea went out the window.
I like theses so much i pulled the one outa the EE i had listed.
Being as i have a New Zealand one with british proofmarks and a Apache police one i figger i should stick to 75s as my main thing to collect.
They are nicer to me than even the best SAA colt i have owned.

Well Dingus, can choose to sell a piece any old time, but to aquire and hold what you do treasure, thats what really matters. It's the fortunate ones that know what they want and hold on to what the've found.
You own and use many of the prime antiques that some of us newer CGN'ers would give our eye teeth to have to hand, to get to know, to shoot.
If I am not turning this thread too far from it's focus, could you please elaborate why you feel these 75's are, "nicer to me than even the best SAA colt I have owned." What makes you feel that way?. Enquiring but emptyhanded minds would appreciate the learning.
 
Well Dingus, can choose to sell a piece any old time, but to aquire and hold what you do treasure, thats what really matters. It's the fortunate ones that know what they want and hold on to what the've found.
You own and use many of the prime antiques that some of us newer CGN'ers would give our eye teeth to have to hand, to get to know, to shoot.
If I am not turning this thread too far from it's focus, could you please elaborate why you feel these 75's are, "nicer to me than even the best SAA colt I have owned." What makes you feel that way?. Enquiring but emptyhanded minds would appreciate the learning.

They feel like nothing else in my hands.
there got some heft to em to i like that :)
They shoot great.

Colts are not as strong so strength is a big factor to me as i tend to shoot hotter loads than most guys.
The fact the grip and frame are all one piece not held together by 6 tiny screws.
The main Spring is better more tapered and the action is smoother in my opinion.

thats some of the reasons.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom