Wow,good info,just trying to get my first antique handgun. have a friend in the U.S. that is going to sell me a S&W DA FIRST MOD 4 inch barrel 44 Russian. He is sending me a copy of a letter that states this gun was delivered to a address in 1882 by S&W to a address. Does anyone know if this is enough info for me to carry gun through customs,or do i need the RCMP letter also,thanks for now,Grant
better find out what the status of that gun would be in the states first. percusion guns are do not require licensing in the states but a center fire may regardless of age. others on here will be able to tell you for sure.
I though it was anything pre-1899 is antique?
Just did some googling and it does look that way to me also. I'm bringing a pepperbox in this week. Will havre to look for a cartridge revolver next
I though it was anything pre-1899 is antique?
pre 1898 up here I think? American is pre 1899. Or is it the other way around?



























