NEW TNA 3-GUN VR-66 12ga SHOTGUN is here!

Hopefully that resolves itself as the round count increases.
I've read of tuning M2's for softer loads by cutting off a few coils on the recoil spring. I think TNA has them on hand if you go too far so might be an option for you.

I went over some of the bearing surfaces with emery cloth. I've also ordered some faster slugs.

I really don't mind tinkering with it - I actually quite enjoy it.

I've got plenty of other auto shotguns to fall back on.

My 2 cents, I've had great luck breaking in semi-automatics with the cheapest 3" shells I can find. Are usually #2's or BB's, but are heavy high brass 3"ers around 1500fps. Run a box through it as fast as your shoulder can take it, be mindful of the barrels temp. It breaks in most guns in 1 box, and are good to go on 1oz skeet ammo afterwards. Save your buckshot for meaningful shooting. Not telling others what to do, but that has worked for me on new Benelli's (inertia & gas), Beretta's and Turkish clones. My inertia gun shoots 7/8 oz reliably, haven't tried that ammo with the gassers.

My 2 cents, I've had great luck breaking in semi-automatics with the cheapest 3" shells I can find. Are usually #2's or BB's, but are heavy high brass 3"ers around 1500fps. Run a box through it as fast as your shoulder can take it, be mindful of the barrels temp. It breaks in most guns in 1 box, and are good to go on 1oz skeet ammo afterwards. Save your buckshot for meaningful shooting. Not telling others what to do, but that has worked for me on new Benelli's (inertia & gas), Beretta's and Turkish clones. My inertia gun shoots 7/8 oz reliably, haven't tried that ammo with the gassers.

Good advice. Thanks.

Took mine out squirrel hunting on my property today. It cycled low brass #6 birdshot.

Strange. I bet it’ll cycle my low velocity slugs now - I’ll have to try tomrrow.

We probably want to keep the ghost loads term a secret.

Once Trudy and his band of idiots figure out this idea, well you know, he will ban the ghost loader gun!........:(

Got my VR-66, already got a Tacord trigger spring in there (thanks Casey) and it dropped pull from 6.5 to 4lbs.
Will try to run some different loads through it hopefully before the weekend.

20231219_203522.jpg

Attachments

• 20231219_203522.jpg
    20231219_203522.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 658
VR-66 PSA

My charging handle was coming out very easily and I was becoming worried that I’d lose it in the snow.

I took apart the shotgun bolt and found the Allen head screw, that is holding in the charging handle spring, and ball detent, to have nearly backed all the way out.

I removed the screw, cleaned it, and the bolt threads with alcohol, stretched the spring a little, and reinstalled with blue loctite.

The handle is now holding firmly.

I was very near to losing some critical components. Check the Allen head screw on the front of the bolt carrier! It should be flush.

I live on 28 acres and small game hunt all the time, I rarely walk the property without a shotgun or a rifle as we’ve got lots of predators - including ones that eat people.

I’m spoiled by my wife’s success, and thus I’ve got a lot of choice when I’m out and about; 1301 Tactical, Benelli M4, Stoeger M3K, Beretta A300 Patrol, etc, etc - I’ve got nearly all of them.

Time after time I grab this VR-66. I’ve put the Strike Industries mlok handguard on it.

It’s so light, and the action is so easy to operate when continually loading and unloading to come into the house - something I can do a half dozen times a day. I like the oversized controls and irons work well.

I’m very much sold on this shotgun. One of my most budget friendly shotguns is my favorite. I love it when that happens.

Too bad that TFB can’t do a burn down on it. I wonder how it would do?

Been thinking about taking up sporting clays. Would the 18" fully loaded ghost ring version be sufficient for casual drop in clays or should I be picking up the 30"? Is ordering a spare barrel an option?

Did you require warrantee service? What was the problem with your VR-66?

Negative the warranty issue was from a previous TNA item but even after that I picked up one of these guys and I must say it's a very well made light weight quality feeling gun. The contols and load gate are fat finger and glove friendly. Comes with a take down case with every choke you could ever need. Even has the mag extension and spring to get you 4 in the tube and the 2 shot hunting mag cap and spring.

The bolt is very nice quality and finish, everything is super smooth and easy to use. I'll run a few boxes of mixed shells hopefully this weekend and report back

VR-66 PSA

My charging handle was coming out very easily and I was becoming worried that I’d lose it in the snow.

I took apart the shotgun bolt and found the Allen head screw, that is holding in the charging handle spring, and ball detent, to have nearly backed all the way out.

I removed the screw, cleaned it, and the bolt threads with alcohol, stretched the spring a little, and reinstalled with blue loctite.

The handle is now holding firmly.

I was very near to losing some critical components. Check the Allen head screw on the front of the bolt carrier! It should be flush.

ccccccccccccccccccccc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom