CZ Bren 2 MS Drop-In Barrel Parts Question...

Would it possible to have a 16.5 inch drop in if I own a 8 inch Bren 2? (I could get my hands on a 16.5" barrel but I am not sure if it's possible or not to fit it in an 8 inch one).

Would it possible to have a 16.5 inch drop in if I own a 8 inch Bren 2? (I could get my hands on a 16.5" barrel but I am not sure if it's possible or not to fit it in an 8 inch one).

It'll fit just fine. But it'll look hella weird with all that barrel and gas system sticking out past te handguard.

It'll fit just fine. But it'll look hella weird with all that barrel and gas system sticking out past te handguard.

What if I change the handguard for a longer one from HBI? (and not sure about what you mean for the gas system... I don't know much about gun design or how it works)

I have a short gas in .223 18.6" right now. I would take a 7.62 calibre conversion in a heartbeat and a 300blackout setup

I have a question regarding the new gas block: is it compatible with the optimized HB Industries gas plug?

Cheers!
It most likely will be, but Dlask is also making their own gas plug and everything else. I already sourced the other parts myself, but I think it would be ideal to hold out for the full meal deal that Dlask is offering, once all the other parts are available.

I have a question regarding the new gas block: is it compatible with the optimized HB Industries gas plug?

Cheers!
It fits but not great, you have to force it and turn it a couple times to work it in, the gas block won’t get any damage as the block is steel and the hbi part is aluminum.

Last edited:
It fits but not great, you have to force it and turn it a couple times to work it in, the gas block won’t get any damage as the block is steel and the hbi part is aluminum.
Same with me, it fits tight, but I can adjust the regulator settings with a loose round. Functions 100% and the gas block bolts stayed tight after firing a few hundred rounds.

This is because our gas blocks have a small radius on the front corner to delete that section as a stress riser. It's this corner on the factory blocks where the crack starts when they fail.

Not just a pretty face....

Just a quick update. The pistons are out for heat treat as of yesterday. The piston heads and gas regs are going for nitride either tomorrow or Friday when we send the 7.62x39 barrels out for bluing. (The same company performs both processes for us)

So the timeline for all of the components except the piston rods is late next week. The piston rods have about 1-2 weeks until they are back from heat treat then another week to go off for bluing. So all in about 3'ish weeks until the complete package is ready for sale. (Best case scenario)

Hope you all are keeping cool where there's heat waves and keeping dry where the hurricane remnants are hitting. And remember : Freedom is just around the corner, Let's Bring It Home !

Just a quick update. The pistons are out for heat treat as of yesterday. The piston heads and gas regs are going for nitride either tomorrow or Friday when we send the 7.62x39 barrels out for bluing. (The same company performs both processes for us)

So the timeline for all of the components except the piston rods is late next week. The piston rods have about 1-2 weeks until they are back from heat treat then another week to go off for bluing. So all in about 3'ish weeks until the complete package is ready for sale. (Best case scenario)

Hope you all are keeping cool where there's heat waves and keeping dry where the hurricane remnants are hitting. And remember : Freedom is just around the corner, Let's Bring It Home !
So no Nitrided barrels then? Just blued?

Back
Top Bottom