Modern Sporter builds Q&A

That's exactly what I did. I had a week moment where I contemplated hacking up the TT but since I had a different rifle with a Timney in it I just decided to switch them around. Kinda sucks because I do like the Trigger Tech better but whatever.

#firstworldproblems hahaha

I had already swapped around 2 different geisseles to put the TT in this one, so was determined to make it work.
Plus the silver looks good with the raw titanium bits so yeah definitely #firstworldproblems haha

The Timney triggers all are drop ins and fit with no issue. I run the CE's in all my rifles now and love them.

Beauty Thanks very much. Saves me the back and forth.
I run the CE on My Defiance 6mm and stag 10 and love them.
I just wasn't sure if it would fit with the extra junk in the trunk.
I am using a Velocity 3lb flat trigger now though in my MS and it is very clean and crisp for the price albeit a heavier pull.

Is anyone using a Hipperfire Eclipse trigger? I have one waiting for instal but I seem to remember someone saying they won't fit. Any help would be appreciated.

What are you guys using for dust convers?

Tried a couple. The first el-cheapo no-name brand was kind of sloppy and wouldn't open reliably.

Tried one of the Strike covers and it wouldn't even snap closed.

Tried another Strike cover and it would close, but wouldn't always stay closed and would pop open from almost anything.

Ended up with a V7 ultra light. It closes nicely, stays closed and opens reliably with the bolt. It's staying put now.

The Strike are super nice to install and remove though, so I was honestly hoping one of them would be the answer for me.

You know the strike cover detent is adjustable right ? you screw on unscrew it to fit .

Last edited:
I wasn't actually aware of that.

Since I have time waiting for my scope repair, I might have to give them a try again. Although it doesn't exactly matter now, since the V7 fits and functions just fine.

Hey guys just seeing what ya recommend for a buffer system. I went with the brownells lightweight bcg and was thinking about running it with a superlative adjustable gas block. Was doing some reading and wanna ensure reliability.

I’m running a superlative adjustable gas block and Brownells light weight carrier. Standard Carbine buffer works fine, I had a silent recoil system in mine at first but it wouldn’t allow my bolt to travel far enough to lock open, not sure if it was a one off thing with my parts or what. Either way if you’re running an 18.5” barrel and rifle length gas system like me you don’t really need the adjustable gas block, mines just about full open anyway and you save a tiny bit of wheight and one less point of failure

Back
Top Bottom