Bare bones, pre SPS and Express era.The REM 78 Sportsman action is a M700 action and trigger
The M78 came with a plain stock - no checkering and no floor plate (adl Type )
Bare bones, pre SPS and Express era.The REM 78 Sportsman action is a M700 action and trigger
The M78 came with a plain stock - no checkering and no floor plate (adl Type )
Dumb Hillbilly yer rArrrr yew shure?
Ol’ Cussiss dream chit up in thar memoreee bank and think it’s ahhhh reel life memory.
View attachment 1208353
Its a good efficient cartridge and will work on anything in north America with proper bullets used in appropriate ranges, people were doing so with the 303, 30 30 and 30 40 krag for 50 years before the 308 showed up....im of the opinion that the magnum fever is fueled by people who expect to be able to shoot something in the ass at 500 yards and have it die on the spot.Are 308 rifles really as good as I glorify them out to be in my head? Folks try and say you need magnum caliber rifles to hunt big game but I honestly believe that a good ol 308 can take down any animal in north America efficiently. Am I mistaken? Should I be leaning towards the 7mm rem mag or a 30-06?
or you’re one of these clowns that goes out hoping to get a 900 yard shot on an elk, then yeah maybe look for something other than a 308.
My dear ol’ 44-40 disagrees!All guns are equal out to 400M
Good TROLLAll guns are equal out to 400M
My 38-40 concurs.My dear ol’ 44-40 disagrees!
Those "welfare remmy" Sportsman 78s are getting harder to find, esp the short actions. I always found them to be very smooth and liked the cheapo satin finish that goes well with stainless steel. Being made in the early 80s brings more quality to the table as well. I now have three of them.When I was young I called them the WELFARE REMMY as I only bought BDLS !![]()

Those "welfare remmy" Sportsman 78s are getting harder to find, esp the short actions. I always found them to be very smooth and liked the cheapo satin finish that goes well with stainless steel. Being made in the early 80s brings more quality to the table as well. I now have three of them.



























