.45ACP Defence Load...can you do better than this???

Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime :). I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.

Cheers

PS: Sometime read "Sixguns" by Elmer Kieth or any book by Ex-NYPD officer Jim Cirillo.
You may be surprized.
 
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime :). I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)


You must think McDonalds makes the best burgers, too.:dancingbanana::D
 
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime :). I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)
Factory loads are always better than "some dude's" reloads, that goes without saying, I think everyone can agree with that. However, nothing beats having total control over each and every component and having what YOU know to be flawless ammo made to measure for your weapon. I don't expect someone who doesn't reload to understand that, however... :)
 
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime :). I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)
If you ever attend an 800 or 900 meter full bore target rifle or F-class match.....
you'll not find one single rifle shooter, with factory ammunition.
 
Actually I keep all my brass, save it up and sell it for $600 and buy more factory ammo with it :) you can spend 8 hours sweating in your basement pressing rounds while I'm at the range dumping mags :) Cheerz
 
I only get to the range once a month, and only bring pistols half the time. I wish my biggest problem was finding the time to get reloading. We do thank you for collecting and selling your brass, though. We'd be even more greatful if you just left it behind ;)
 
Price for the Hornady is $30.00 for a box of 20, which is fine because this ammo is not for blasting 300 rounds at the range, this is "rainy day" ammo.

Well the reality of this scenario is I sure hope you have fired at least 100 of those same exact rounds down range without any jams, etc. Any round being used for defense needs to be proven reliable. So your $30 should be more like $150 + the $30. I wouldnt trust my life to ammo I havent used before, and know functions flawlessly. Especially with .45's and Hollowpoints.
 
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime :). I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)

Son, you best come shooting with me sometime. I'll show you what my crappy handloads can do. I've got loads from mild (165gr on 7.2grs WSF) to ZOMG! THAT'S FRAKKIN AWESOME!* (180gr on a mid-range** charge of power pistol)

The best part is: They go BANG every single time.






*As quoted by a former co worker when the personal guns came out after qualifying was over.
**I don't remember the exact charge weight off the top of my head right now, but it's the last powder I ran through my charge thrower, so it's still set for it. I did split the difference between a starting and max load according to the LEE manual I have here. It's made a lot of recoil and muzzle flash junkies smile though.
 
Actually I keep all my brass, save it up and sell it for $600 and buy more factory ammo with it :) you can spend 8 hours sweating in your basement pressing rounds while I'm at the range dumping mags :) Cheerz

Gee... that $600 worth of brass would've easily netted you two to three THOUSAND rounds of ammo, for the investment of a die set, hand press, powder, primers and slugs.

I do all my handgun ammo on a single stage hand press I bought for $20. Sure, it's time consuming, but that way I don't have to do dishes. And if you're real smart, you marry a girl like I did who gets a kick out of sizing, priming and flaring the brass, so that all you have to do is throw the powder and seat the bullet.



But what do I know..... I'm just talking out of my ass here :p:runaway:
 
Bottom line is that if you take care with making your ammunition, it will be every bit as reliable as factory ammo. Not all factory ammo is perfect. I've had factory ammo misfire, be too hot and blow primers, lock up the action due to excess pressure and split necks on brass. ;)

X2 It's no secret to make ammo that is at least as reliable as a machine in a factory.

I also have to chuckle again at those that put precedence on legalities over defending their life.:p

I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)

I see you have all the information required to add an informed post to this thread.......
 
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime . I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)

Wow, a guy who admits to knowing nothing about reloading spouting off about how crappy reloads are ..... colour me SHOCKED!
 
Originally Posted by Pietro Beretta
Factory ammo is the BEST, I dont care how well you reload, nothing is better than quality factory +P "HOT" jacketed hollow point ammunition. Reliable, quality, and goes BANG everytime . I'd trust my life ANYDAY to quality factory HP's over some dudes crappy reloads (even my own reloads/if I reloaded)


LOL,....O.K... sounds like you don't handload...and if you do, you need someone to show you the right way to do it and gain some confidence in your abilities.
 
First, Hornady is good stuff. I like their ammo allot, but 950 FPS isn't all that "hot". I've got some Speer GD 127 gr. 9mm +P+ that's like 1350 FPS out of a 4" barrel. 950 is pretty decent for a 45, but it's not for anything else.

Second, Why are you bragging about paying $30 for 20 rounds? My God that's pricey, you could handload those bullets (Everyday normal XTP's) onto used brass for about 30% of that. Also, you could HANDLOAD 45 to much higher pressures then that "hot" factory ammo is right now.

Third, handloading is not second class ammunition. I'm unaware of any shooting champion over the last 10 years that used "factory" ammunition to compete with. Factory ammo is alright, but your going to pay through the nose and it's never loaded to it's maximum potential.

Look at 10mm. The "hottest" 10mm you can buy (in Canada at least) is maybe 200gr. @ 1050 FPS. That's NOTHING compared to handloads, where you can get up to 1300+ for the same gr. bullet.

Most factory ammo is wimpy at best.
 
Defense against being charged in court for using reloaded ammo:

"Well, I used reloaded ammo because I read somewhere in Canadiangunnutz.com that reloads are less reliable than factory ammunition. That's exactly why I chose to use reload. That means I wasn't really trying to kill the gentleman who tried to kill me and rape my wife."
 
Back
Top Bottom