Another interesting find, for Colt lovers

Road King

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well it took a while for me to get this gun, but yesterday a deal was struck with a family member that had inherited this Colt from his father in 1982 and had stood in a closet ever since.( it was not in a case either because the owner couldn't find one long enough for it, 56") It has been in the same family for 70+ years. It is what is referred to as the Model 1855 Revolving Shotgun. These guns were offered in either .60 Cal. or 75 Cal. This one is in the big bore of .75 Cal. :eek: They were also offered in various barrel lengths up to 36" being the longest offered. This one has the 36" barrel, it is not know how many were produce in this barrel length as all the records for these guns were destroyed in the fire of 1864. There were 1100 of these produced with about 600 in the .75 Cal (10 Gauge). This example retains a very high percentage of it's original bluing and case coloring on the metal parts and 98% original finish on the deluxe walnut checker stocks. This gun appears to be unfired as there are no marks on the nipples or any indication of powder burns around or in the cylinder.:)

This gun is likely the reason that I having been sleeping to well in past 6 months since I discovered it. For those that are wondering I did find it in Canada. As the author Clive Cussler says about finding treasure " They're still out there, so get off your couch and keep searching!"

Enjoy.

















 
Totally awesome. You done good or were a mite lucky[I'll vote for good]. I've held one but never dreamed of owning one. Can you describe how it comes up to the shoulder? Hope you take it out and get a bird for it. Feel proud as you deserve too.
 
JACKPOT AND A HALF !!!!!! :cheers:

I just remembered I have a calendar I need to bring over to your house sometime. I got the shakes just thinking about seeing something like that in real life. What an amazing piece of history!
 
Good job Brian, absolutely amazing. And to find one in this country...and in that condition. Unheard of. Another reason I need to get back for another visit, just to see it in person.
Matt
 
Congratulations on your find, it sure is pretty.
Not like you would be out hunting partridge or rabbits with it, can you shoot it somewhere other than a range? Just wondering if it is restricted because it is a revolver like the Rossi Circuit Judge. Go figure they make the Rossi Circuit Judge restricted but the smaller Ranch Hand they make a handgun in the US is non-restricted here.
 
Congratulations on your find, it sure is pretty.
Not like you would be out hunting partridge or rabbits with it, can you shoot it somewhere other than a range? Just wondering if it is restricted because it is a revolver like the Rossi Circuit Judge. Go figure they make the Rossi Circuit Judge restricted but the smaller Ranch Hand they make a handgun in the US is non-restricted here.

the circuit judge is restricted because it uses a handgun frame. this is antique
 
Back
Top Bottom