First time Flintlock Owner

I don't think a PAL is required to buy, make or own black powder, is it?

I am pretty sure it is illegal for an individual to make explosives. Also the PAL issue depends on where you buy your powder. Most stores such as Cabellas require a PAL to buy even ammo components such as jacketed slugs and empty brass. In a gun show or as part of a bulk purchase by a club, probably not although almost everyone buying does have a PAL

cheers mooncoon
 
I am pretty sure it is illegal for an individual to make explosives. Also the PAL issue depends on where you buy your powder. Most stores such as Cabellas require a PAL to buy even ammo components such as jacketed slugs and empty brass. In a gun show or as part of a bulk purchase by a club, probably not although almost everyone buying does have a PAL
cheers mooncoon
I am not sure if BP is considered by law an "explosive" as in a controlled explosive substance like TNT, C4 and whatnot (by definition BP is not an explosive as it does not explode, it burns), but i sure as hell wouldn't try and find out the hard way!
 
I am pretty sure it is illegal for an individual to make explosives. Also the PAL issue depends on where you buy your powder. Most stores such as Cabellas require a PAL to buy even ammo components such as jacketed slugs and empty brass. In a gun show or as part of a bulk purchase by a club, probably not although almost everyone buying does have a PAL

cheers mooncoon

I have bought black powder from our local Cabelas several times, all they made me do is fill out the explosives registry card.
 
Back
Top Bottom