Great instructional videos for the long range shooter!

Being new to long range shooting, I've been doing lots of looking around for different tricks on everything from the rifle to techniques and ballistics. I stumbled across a series of videos on YouTube provided by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) that cover a lot of the important meat and potatoes stuff I've been looking for. The instructor, Ryan Cleckner has sniper experience with the Rangers and is a natural teacher with a knack for getting the info across in the simplest manner possible. I really enjoyed these videos and will definitely be using some of the material when I take my rifle to the range. I figured I would bring them to CGN to help out other newbies like myself, and maybe enlighten an old grizzled shooting vet. Enjoy!

Set Up Your Scope for Success:
Understanding MOA:
Understanding Milliradians:
Shooting at Angles:
Wind Estimation and Compensation:
Shooting Fundamentals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VTMzCiZtE&feature=BFa&list=PLACF2AEF0EC711484
Rifle Sight-In Process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDrrJA14wtg&feature=BFa&list=PLACF2AEF0EC711484
Scope Tracking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q886sc-2grk&feature=BFa&list=PLACF2AEF0EC711484
Practical Data On Previous Engagements: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlVEsXZfPg&feature=BFa&list=PLACF2AEF0EC711484
Shooting Positions in the Field: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lzvjGPgKE
Rifle Cleaning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WRO17sk_dI
Thanks for posting this. Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom