Miniature cannons I gave my groomsmen

Loki610

Regular
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Location
Nobleford
Thought some of you might appreciate these!
I ordered all these online got 6 in total and I think they came to $34 each. Got 1 for myself (needed engraving practice on aluminum) 1 for each of the guys plus one for the father in law.

Engraved our monogram on one side LM
D6e80EF.jpg


Small Valknut on the bottom
DGKO0VE.jpg


I designed monograms for each of them. mines the black one on the right.
hT15jZn.jpg


Whats included with each cannon. .30cal steel ball bearings, some tokarev cast bullets, vial of 1" fuse, small container of FFF pyrodex, aluminum ram rod.
IF43UlD.jpg


Packed into small wooden treasure chests from the Dollar store.
CfgLxxp.jpg


All packed up and ready to go. Gave them out at the bachelor party where we went camping/half assed bear hunting
AsR2Yq9.jpg


The engraving tools I used. Most came from my grandfather and some came from his father, some of them are handforged.
bpVtfYE.jpg


No action pictures unfortunately, we were having too much fun to stop for pictures. As the best man found out make sure to put the cap back on the powder jar before lighting the fuse!
 
It took me a few tries to get these to work properly. I found 1/8 tsp was about the most powder you could pack in, half of that was a more reasonable load. the 5/16 bearings need a thin wad to pack in really tight, but when you get it right they make quite a bang! favorite ammo so far is split shot from walmart with a paper wad. Next time I find 4F I'll have to try some of that.

Best use so far is setting cannon vertically with 1/8 tsp powder and paper wad to launch beer cans.
 
It took me a few tries to get these to work properly. I found 1/8 tsp was about the most powder you could pack in, half of that was a more reasonable load. the 5/16 bearings need a thin wad to pack in really tight, but when you get it right they make quite a bang! favorite ammo so far is split shot from walmart with a paper wad. Next time I find 4F I'll have to try some of that.

Best use so far is setting cannon vertically with 1/8 tsp powder and paper wad to launch beer cans.

Did it come complete with BB's and fuses or just the cannon?
 
Back
Top Bottom