Has anyone tried bullets cast in the Lee Bullet mold 456-220-1R in a .455 webley yet?
I just bought the mold and haven't cast any bullets yet. It makes a .456", 220 gr bullet. Round nose, flat base.
I've had excellent results using 250 gr .455 flat base bullets in some .455 webley revolvers. OTOH, some of the tight throated revolvers will only shoot properly with hollow base bullets.
I haven't checked it out in Quickload yet, but should theoretically be able to get some useful increase in velocity with the lighter bullets. Or shoot the same velocity at lower pressure, which is a good thing in a 100+ year old pistol.
The mold with handles was only about $25 at WSS Edmonton. The bullet is a copy of one used in an old colt cap and ball revolvers, I think, but looks like it might make an interesting webley bullet to experiment with. Any thoughts?
I just bought the mold and haven't cast any bullets yet. It makes a .456", 220 gr bullet. Round nose, flat base.
I've had excellent results using 250 gr .455 flat base bullets in some .455 webley revolvers. OTOH, some of the tight throated revolvers will only shoot properly with hollow base bullets.
I haven't checked it out in Quickload yet, but should theoretically be able to get some useful increase in velocity with the lighter bullets. Or shoot the same velocity at lower pressure, which is a good thing in a 100+ year old pistol.
The mold with handles was only about $25 at WSS Edmonton. The bullet is a copy of one used in an old colt cap and ball revolvers, I think, but looks like it might make an interesting webley bullet to experiment with. Any thoughts?
Last edited:



















































