No wonder Remington went bankrupt

Not for sale by Remington..by a nobody on a table clothe. Obviously that recoil pad is not factory.
Quite a statement for something with no know origin…you are jumping to conclusion based on nothing.
Wow J relaxe it’s just a discussion about a FGULY recoil pad and Yes remmy did do that and some with terrible fitmeant problems too ! 🤪😊
 
Hahhaha..google pictures over first hand handling. You are a joke.
Yolks on you....
Your info is second hand information as stated by you earlier.
I once made a bold statement about Browning A-bolt 3's "as No such beast" after reading about them on CGN.
Imagine my surprise when my local Full Line Browning Dealer and shooting buddy corrected me on the new product introduction.
But, not before being corrected here on CGN.
But, I digress a good Monday morning rant is better than the Canada Post rants of pre-covid times.
LMAO.
Rob
 
Last edited:
My friend handled thousand of Remington rifles as a dealer and never -ever saw this. I take his world anytime over your statement.

One clue that it is not stock is the fact that the black spacer is not contoured to the pad while original have no steps and are contoured.

I also was working at a gun store when Remington was pumping these out. I have unboxed hundreds of these monstrosities. Fit looks par for the course for post 2000 Remington. You're wrong, which is okay, but the confidence of incorrectness is off-putting.
 
That thick recoil pad is not-to-my-liking. I've seen them many times for sale at retail stores. On wood gunstocks, I always installed a low-profile Pachmayar decelerator pad.

The ugliest recoil pad I ever witessed is the Limbsaver Airtech Precision-Fit, however practical, and yes, I have one installed on my Tikka synthetic stock. The original was just as hard as a hockey puck.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DGY
That thick recoil pad is not-to-my-liking. I've seen them many times for sale at retail stores. On wood gunstocks, I always installed a low-profile Pachmayar decelerator pad.

The ugliest recoil pad I ever witessed is the Limbsaver Airtech Precision-Fit, however practical, and yes, I have one installed on my Tikka synthetic stock. The original was just as hard as a hockey puck.
Juneau says different Track - who are we to believe 🤣🤪😉
 
That thick recoil pad is not-to-my-liking. I've seen them many times for sale at retail stores. On wood gunstocks, I always installed a low-profile Pachmayar decelerator pad.

The ugliest recoil pad I ever witessed is the Limbsaver Airtech Precision-Fit, however practical, and yes, I have one installed on my Tikka synthetic stock. The original was just as hard as a hockey puck.

Heck yes on all of the above. The Tikka pad sucks and the Tikka stock handles recoil poorly. The Limbsaver is ugly as sin. It works.
 
Saw one of these pads over on funpost about a week ago. Was on iirc a Model Seven CDL 300WSM SS (?) I was considering. It definitely took away the slim line profile of the rifle.

While fugly as fudge, it wouldn’t have been a deal breaker for me, an easy fix by sourcing an OEM R3 pad or the like. Unfortunatly seller decided to keep it.
 
Saw one of these pads over on funpost about a week ago. Was on iirc a Model Seven CDL 300WSM SS (?) I was considering. It definitely took away the slim line profile of the rifle.

While fugly as fudge, it wouldn’t have been a deal breaker for me, an easy fix by sourcing an OEM R3 pad or the like. Unfortunatly seller decided to keep it.

Sorry you didn't get to take the rifle home with ya man.

The ugliest recoil pad of modern times has got to be the “backstop” or whatever the hell its called from that yokel on the “Backfire” channel.

LOL hard to beat but the squiggly lines on his laptop say it works great!

Would like to try one and see if its grift or if it makes that much of a difference but I wouldn't spend my own money finding out lol
 
All good, I’ve “missed/been slow to commit” on a fair number of the last few years, I’ve kinda become numb to that fact if I don’t get it now.

Same. Except for one I've really kicked myself on but hey beats buying more crap we just end up flipping anyway.

Course, every now and then someone says "dude just use the perfectly good rifle you already have" haha
 
Same. Except for one I've really kicked myself on but hey beats buying more crap we just end up flipping anyway.

Course, every now and then someone says "dude just use the perfectly good rifle you already have" haha
Well that’s a very irrational response from some “dude”. Who would listen to that advice?! lol
 
Yes Remington quality is questionable when I looked for another good pump - I bought both the Browning BPS and a Maverick 88 they each will serve their purpose very well.
 
Back
Top Bottom