No wonder Remington went bankrupt

It's the man-bun pad for when the 6.5 Creedmore shooter dares The Dark Continent.

It's nowhere near as tasteless as those slip-on atrocities, mind-you. Nor a plastic stock, for that matter.
 
Yep, fer sure. I put a Limbsaver Airtech slip-on onto me Savage 212 slug gun. Had to thin the original hockey puck down to get a useful length of
pull. Sure eases the thump fer me. (y)
Nothing like function over form...
My shoulder is tender when it comes to .338 WM in a Ruger No 1 with a soft recoil pad too just not as soft as yours.
And I'm thinking one of those pads may have tamed that beast of mine down.
 
The early REM triggers were going off on bolt closing , people died at the hands of their hunting buddies . They should’ve gone bankrupt, it was a known issue
 
Is this post based on first hand experience?
Many years ago when unloading his Remington slug gun, a friend had a discharge. I was there. Thank God it was aimed in a safe direction. There was a recall on it we found out later.
But Remington was not alone in such things. I had a Lakefield Mossberg 410 ga bolt gun fire a shell in the open chamber. It had failed to eject the previous shot, not noticing that, (working the bolt at the shoulder) when I pushed the bolt on the following shell, kaboom! I had ringing ears for hours, and powder burns on my right hand from that.
 
Last edited:
The early REM triggers were going off on bolt closing , people died at the hands of their hunting buddies . They should’ve gone bankrupt, it was a known issue

Close friends dad left him an almost unfired REM 721 , it went off into a tree at camp and was put away . It’s fixed and is remarkably accurate ( I’ve read one of the quickest lock times ever ) but thank god no one was hit with a 30-06 point blank hours in the bush
 
Pretty sure at this point everyones aware that the Remington will discharge when dirty, etc not just improperly adjusted. And it doesn't even have to be dirty. Their sear/connector design is susceptible to problems.

Theres a reason no remington or aftermarket trigger passed drop testing at Crane when they tested it for the US Navy and Geissele ended up making the Super 700 trigger.
 
Many years ago when unloading his Remington slug gun, a friend had a discharge. I was there. Thank God it was aimed in a safe direction. There was a recall on it we found out later.
But Remington was not alone in such things. I had a Lakefield Mossberg 410 ga bolt gun fire a shell in the open chamber. It had failed to eject the previous shot, not noticing that, (working the bolt at the shoulder) when I pushed the bolt on the following shell, kaboom! I had ringing ears for hours, and powder burns on my right hand from that.
There would be zero fatalities with any firearm if muzzle control was strictly adhered to IMO!😒
Cat
 
I believe it was replaced
Sorry, did you mean to say the trigger mechanism was replaced? It sounds like the whole rifle was replaced.

Some good reading in this thread for the late comers..

Recently put a limbsaver on the 1917 458WM and did a “recoil-reducer”… the comment about 6.5 shooters headed for the dark continent seems relevant (accurate) now about me for some reason.. maybe my hot loaded 9.3x62 can be my bid for penance when going out this year.

Haha.
 
Back
Top Bottom