Swede 12.7x44R Rolling Block Project - Case Color Pics Added

Swede RB project

Looks good!

One can lighten the trigger pull of a RB by lightening the trigger spring.
Treebone Carving also offers nice RB stocks.

What load are you shooting? I've had good results with both smokeless BP equivalent loads and straight BP. Did all my hunting this year with my 50-70 Shiloh Military Rifle.

Todd
 
50-70 loads

Excellent!

I haven't tried 4198 in any of my BPCRs as yet, but I have friends that swear by it.

I'm using 28 grs of XMP 5744 or 36 grs Varget with the Lyman 515141 sized .512.
In fact, I use the same loads in all my 45-70s as well, including Trapdoors.

In BP with the 50-70, I'm using 65 grs Goex cartridge, all I can get in the BELL cases, no wad. That's my hunting load.
 
Those sweat box and tank pictures are proof of the catch phrase, if the women don't find you handsome at let them find you handy.
 
Finally got a chance to try case coloring the receiver. I would call the results satisfactory but definitely room for improvement. Learned alot and if I ever do another I expect the results will be better. Now I wait for wood from treebone.


001-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

004-1.jpg
 
OK that is pretty enough. Now for a real challenge. By next Thursday we want to see the same treatment on your engine block!
 
Back
Top Bottom