- Location
- east coast of vancouver Island
Chances are you will chew up the barrel and plug trying to remove a well used breech plug. and you may never get it out. leave well enough alone, don't fix what isn't broken. To see the inside, if you must, get a drop in bore light, or a lighted arrow nock turn them on drop in the bore and take a peek.. Chances are extremely good if the end of the muzzle looks fine the rest is too. Do some shooting, clean it good, oil it up and stop worrying.
It is now all cleaned up and oiled, and I don't think I will try removing the breach plug, gee I could hardly see where the join line was. I took the hammer assembly off as well as the trigger assembly, but ran into a problem when I assembled it. Now the hammer goes to full ####, but does not stay there, just goes down to what I suspect is the safety position. I will take it apart tomorrow and see if I can sort it out. On a sde note, The barrel must be good (clean) as when I cleaned it in soapy water, no rust was evident was on the patches. I'm not actually worried about it Pete, just making sure I don't do any damage.



















































