Where is the 5.56 and .223? No Selection!

o.k That would be..............:rolleyes:

Isn't M855 also referred to as SS109?

I'm sorry that I am using U.S names, but don't other NATO countries use the same names?
M855 is the US designation for their NATO spec 5.56 cartridge using the SS109 bullet. SS109 is FN's code for the 62grain 5.56 bullet with a steel penetrator core.

Many manufacturers use both codes to designate the 62gr round.

"milspec" would indicate 5.56 ammo with either a 55gr (M193) or 62gr (M855/SS109) bullet and crimped primers, sealed bullets, etc.
 
M855 is the US designation for their NATO spec 5.56 cartridge using the SS109 bullet. SS109 is FN's code for the 62grain 5.56 bullet with a steel penetrator core.

Many manufacturers use both codes to designate the 62gr round.

"milspec" would indicate 5.56 ammo with either a 55gr (M193) or 62gr (M855/SS109) bullet and crimped primers, sealed bullets, etc.

Looking forward to a better supply of 5.56mm, its all I run in my rifles. Having more of it around a decent prices would make me happy. Good luck CanAm with the process, let us know when you have 5.56mm in stock, I will be buying.
 
.

"milspec" would indicate 5.56 ammo with either a 55gr (M193) or 62gr (M855/SS109) bullet and crimped primers, sealed bullets, etc.

:bangHead: ........So I was right. :)
I thought you were implying I was wrong to state SS109 was mil-spec.

Whatever the case. Keep us informed of your importation from this manufacturer......which you forgot to mention?? Who is?.......
 
:bangHead: ........So I was right. :)
I thought you were implying I was wrong to state SS109 was mil-spec.

Whatever the case. Keep us informed of your importation from this manufacturer......which you forgot to mention?? Who is?.......
Yes, i was agreeing in both posts. maybe it was my phrasing.
 
Looking forward to a better supply of 5.56mm, its all I run in my rifles. Having more of it around a decent prices would make me happy. Good luck CanAm with the process, let us know when you have 5.56mm in stock, I will be buying.

Agreed. I've searched this site for a source of reasonably priced .223/5.56 ammo and this is the only ray of hope I've found.
 
TSE has PMC 5.56mm M193 for $450 a case of 1000 rounds. Cheapest I've seen in awhile that isn't American Eagle.

I'd like to see surplus .30-06 and .308... wishful thinking I guess...
 
Back
Top Bottom