The Battle Rifle Pictures Thread

Alright, back on track.

Here's my before and after of a Christmas deal to myself.

2015-12-20%2019.46.24_zpsmjbirpzw.jpg


I'd put up an ad for an Norc M14 barreled action on the local FB buy & sell pages, not looking to break the bank. Somebody responded saying they had one in a wood stock that hadn't been taken care of. The price was right so we met up and I ended up taking the Norinco M14 home. A pull through and a few hours of paint thinner later and the metal was clean and pristine. When I decided to tackle the stock, it ended up being wrapped in fiberglass from the trigger forward, and after some work I ended up with a clean USGI walnut stock.

So there's still some ways to go, but I've got an idea in mind and a means to get there. In a couple days I'll be taking it out for a technical shoot, and then continue with my build.
 
That is a FANTASTIC looking stock on your Garand. I had a Lee Enfield with similar grain and wish I'd never sold it.
Thanks??? It is a shabby beech stock that was finshed with some dirty motor oils, assorted grease,a bit of tung oil to clean/smear/help soak in anything that touched it.The bottom of the stock is almost black from stains etc.
 
I have working at getting this stock to fit for the last few days. Whatever Boyd's used for the laminate is as tough as nails. Judicious sanding,filing, swearing and more sanding has paid off. Solid lock finally!

 
My contribution. Not near as amazing as some of the others here but I sure do love shooting it! Just got her back from getting re-barreled and tuned up some. Shoots like a dream!
 
Last edited:
Got a little stupid with the spending lately and the wife's on my case about it.....

http://4.bp.########.com/-z0_HHZ1P8pQ/Vn3ahWmdqJI/AAAAAAAAaCY/2BXTM_MIyRE/s1600/PC251930.JPG

that right there is beautiful, I've got a huge itch for something very similar in 22" ala M14 EBR-RI, trying to trade my ACR for one... 7.62 is calling ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom