The Perfect Backpacker Just Got Better

Okay, here is what I see in the Trailhand and Trailhand Pro. I measured and this ridge is maybe a couple mm past the 3.5" mark (both guns). You can see for yourself this is a SERIOUS ridge, not some tiny bump. I tried putting in the X-caliber insert and yeah if I push on it I can feel it kind of maybe slipping in, but there is zero chance I would ever mallet this into one of my guns, lol. If it doesnt fit freely, its not to spec, in my opinion, and I doubt the problem is the adapter. My longest shooters box adapters are all only 3", so they fit no problem. Of course they won't be nearly as accurate, but they work, and as long as its not a rimfire cartridge it won't keyhole at 20 yards. :LOL:
 

Attachments

  • trailhand.jpg
    trailhand.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 9
  • trailhandpro.jpg
    trailhandpro.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
I have the original Trailhand and even standard trap loads it beat the hell out of you. Even full house 2 3/4" buck or slug loads try to shatter your cheekbone. You would need to be a serious masochist to shoot 3.5" out of this.
I'm not particularly recoil sensitive. I'd rather shoot my 45-70 with full house loads all day than 5 shots out of my Trailhand.
Another fella suggested a 4" barrel. With a 3.5" shotshell, I'm thinking maybe a few hundred fps.
Recoil shouldn't be bad at all. :LOL:
 
Lube the oring and tap it in. Shooting them with out can lead to the end smacking the barrel walls when fired and also not lining it with the bore

The better inserts all tap in for a tight fit. Thats why most come with the mallet. They slide in and miss the extractors. The guns extractors catch the inserts extractors to remove the spent hull
Thanks, that makes sense.
I don't have any with o rings or that miss the extractor.
 
Another fella suggested a 4" barrel. With a 3.5" shotshell, I'm thinking maybe a few hundred fps.
Recoil shouldn't be bad at all. :LOL:
Strange though it may sound, the Trailhand Pro feels less brutal than the Trailhand, shooting Challenger Reduced Recoil Slugs. Unless it is just my imagination, as I can't imagine why there would be any difference. The padding on the buttstocks feels similar texture, thickness, shape.. lol
 
Nice. I like how there's a double extractor to grab the sub caliber shell. Do those tube come with the extra extractors, or was that custom made?
They are factory. They are savage 4 tenners. Briley makes similar ones as well. Briley offers sidekicks and companion tubes
These types of tubes stay in the gun and the ejecotrs or extractors of the host gun operate the extractor within the tube.
 
Back
Top Bottom