OUCH - Wal*Mart Fed 525 blue box bulk packs up to $28.50

Kingston Walmart Federal 525 Champion was $29.99 yesterday. Bought the same box in December for $26 at Reliable Gun in Vancouver.
 
I have enough ammo to shoot for the next seven years or so. Took advantage of the 333 boxes last year at 9 bucks.
 
I believe the AE bricks are 400 rounds so it is a bit of a difference.

Depends.

The copper-plated ones are boxes of 40, bricks of 400, but I have 2 AE lead round nose bricks that were 500 rounds.

I noticed the 500 rounds written on the box right away, because I always thought 400 was a little odd when everyone else sells it in 50s/500s, but when I got home I was somewhat dismayed to find they were lead and not copper plated (I had wrongly assumed all AE ammo was copper plated). At that point I had plenty of lead stuff and wanted to stock up on a bit more copper for less messy shooting sessions for the newbies/ladies and less cleaning of the 10/22 for me ;).
 
Considering the cost of fuel to deliver, increasing wages, increasing costs of materials, why would it come as a surprise? I don't like the cost going up any more than anyone else but you have to look at the circumstances all around.
Why shouldn't I start to vent off when something is going up 33%? It is not about ammo we are talking about here either. Somehow when I get the raise it is 5% or so if any. That is very reasonable to get p****d off, in my opinion.
 
Yeah! f**k the local gun shop. That's almost 1/2 a cent more per round! I ain't shopping there! What a ripoff!:rolleyes:

the local shop also charges $45.99 plus tax for a box of Remington Core Lokt 7mm Rem Mag. Canadian Tire sells is for $34.99. $10 difference. they won't bring in the Federal Field and Range value packs of 12 gauge. their gun prices are often $200+ more than Wholesale.

i dunno about you, but in these times, i have to save money where i can. for the record, they're still the best general fishing and archery shop in the area.

I believe the AE bricks are 400 rounds so it is a bit of a difference.

the AE copper plated high velocity hollow point rounds are 400 to a brick. the standard rounds are 500. our shops charge the same price for both, so it's important to check which ones you're buying.
 
gunrunner8 it sounds like you need a job with better prospects, or where they appreciate you more. I really do understand your frustration. But vent where it counts. Not on something as silly as the price of 22rf. That's kind of like pi--ing into a wind storm and calling it rain.
 
me too. cleaned out three walmarts every day over a couple week period.:)

yup I was on a first name basis with the guy he let me know when they were expecting more. It's 14 bucks this year so I saved 5 bucks a box but I don't see it going down in the next few years so I figured sound investment.
 
Does it really come as a big surprise that when one person cleans out WALMART that when they restock the price has gone up?

Seriously.....
 
Back
Top Bottom