Can I shoot Moose with a .204? It finally came....

Gibbs505 said:
Lets be serious for a miniute!!

NO, in BC at least it would be illeagle to hunt big game with a rimfire cartridge!!

edit, you can hunt Bobcat, Lynx and Wolverine with a rimfire cartridge!
Gibbs, it's a 204 ruger he bought, a centerfire rig!:confused:
BR, the 204's got KILLED at our rifle rodeo this spring past 300 meters.
The wind startrd gusting , and ven though the fellas shooting them know how , they couldn't hold up to the big guns iin the unlimited class at the 385 and 500 meter ranges.
The long bullet .223's the 22/250's, had it all over them.
A 300 mag won, BTW!
Cat
 
Gibbs505 said:
Lets be serious for a miniute!!

NO, in BC at least it would be illeagle to hunt big game with a rimfire cartridge!!

edit, you can hunt Bobcat, Lynx and Wolverine with a rimfire cartridge!


The 204 is a centrefire, idiot.

Perfectly legal for moose in BC.

I'll sponser you for the moose hunt next fall BR, no problemo.;)
 
from what Ive read, the vmax (32/40) and sierra 39 are quite explosive on yotes

not sure about the NBT 40 gr

the new hornady 45 gr sp should be good, but BC suffers



​
 
for sure you could hit a moose...they about the size of a small barn door:p if you missed you would have to be a lousy shot....
now if the moose would die...thats another topic for debate
 
this is similer to the conversation me and the_big_mike had in my kitchen about hunting bears with paintball guns yes you can SHOOT a Moose with it but i am rather certain it would be much like getting hit with air soft or a pellet gun to us LOL
 
BIGREDD said:
I wonder if I should put a Muzzle break on it... limb saver for sure... the recoil will undoubtedly be ferocious with those .20 cal bullets.
you might also look at a mercury recoil reducer and one of those strap on shoulder pads as well:p :D
 
That would be a right cool moose caliber in a Remington 7600, esp with a 10 shot clippp and a 50mil bell scope with see threw rings. :rolleyes:










 
SuperCub said:
That would be a right cool moose caliber in a Remington 7600, esp with a 10 shot clippp and a 50mil bell scope with see threw rings. :rolleyes:
Yeah right... I have shot an SPS in .204, nice rifle... but it had crown damage from the factory.:(
I think that a 799 in .204 might be a good dangerous game choice for Africa.:)
 
BIGREDD said:
I wonder if I should put a Muzzle break on it... limb saver for sure... the recoil will undoubtedly be ferocious with those .20 cal bullets.
for sure get the limb saver;) like we dont want to hear your sobbing here of how it hurts;) ..but if it get,s to be unbearable for ya..;)
give it to me for my 9 year old grandson along with a set of dies..
 
catnthehatt said:
I'd change to a weight forward and a double haul, with a 3X tippet and a No.12 whichamadinky, BR.
You ain't getting no bites with that lure ( well, okay, maybe a few "nibbles")!
:D
Cat

That rig would work, but you definately would need a strike indicator.:D
 
Gatehouse said:
The 204 is a centrefire, idiot.

Perfectly legal for moose in BC.

I'll sponser you for the moose hunt next fall BR, no problemo.;)
Sorry thought that the 204 was a rimfire, a upgraded 17 hornady rimfire.
 
The way this thread has degenerated , displaying just how fun ( and foolish:D )
we can get , I think a rimfire would do just fine, Gibbs!!:cool:
Ofcourse, you would need a BSA scope on top and shoot thru rings just in case!!
Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom