Those are import permits for importing into Canada,you still need the export permit to export out of the USA.
And that's gonna be the pricey part.
Those are import permits for importing into Canada,you still need the export permit to export out of the USA.
why do I need the export permit, I am not the exporter......
never mind.....I give up, time to move on to another thread.....
as they say Google is your friend, all the info is out there, go forth and get it
Lets just say I have friends who are less than 15 minutes from Canada/USA borders
heck they even get gas cheaper.......
People at my club just go to walmart and bring it over themselves. From what buddy told me, they don't even ask for so much as a drivers license.
If upon your return to Canada the DHS border patrol has a flash inspection set up, you are risking jail time or an outright ban from the states.
I have been writing very polite letters to the president, our prime minister, secretaries of state,DHS,to the head of the DDTC asking for a change in the laws, as well as pointing out that under the current system, it is not making any of us safer.
If Canadians with pals can buy ammo without showing id, then US and CDN gang bangers can do the same thing. It is currently easier for a Cdn gang banger to buy ammo in the states than in Canada.
This could all change if the first step in our security started at the retail level ensuring that ammo would only be sold to those law abiding citizens on both sides of the border simply by viewing a firearms license.
Exporting ammo usa can't be done legally without using the services of a registered exporter. I believe that they have to have a federal firearms license or ffl. If you were to use the services of one of those guys, the cost of that service will not make it economical to follow through with the purchase. Just email one of them asking what it would cost for say 300rnds of 9mm. Here is an email link to Hurricane butterfly research group: Jason M. Wong <jason@hurricanebutterflyresearch.com> If it is cost effective, I will split the purchase with you.
No wait we can't do that. Because it is against the law to do a group purchase under one export application. It sucks I know.
Best suggestion that I could make to you is to write a letter to Obama, Clinton, Napolitano, and the head of the ddtc a MR Kovac.
I shouldn't be the only one who has written these people expressing our fustrations, and suggestions for secure improvements.
Good luck!
why do I need the export permit, I am not the exporter......
never mind.....I give up, time to move on to another thread.....
as they say Google is your friend, all the info is out there, go forth and get it
Lets just say I have friends who are less than 15 minutes from Canada/USA borders
heck they even get gas cheaper.......
In other words, you are not talking about doing it within the laws of both countries.
I guess what people are saying is that if you take it out of the states, your are the exporter from the US and importer into Canada.
I look forward to hearing how people are doing it legally since the export requirements are rather painful to process and in the end, it is not economically viable. Please due tell how your friends are doing it legally.
Let's try this again....Ftaview said:what gives you that idea ???????
I already said legally
yes legally within the laws of both countries - OK
An export license is required by US law to export the ammo. You need to deal with a licensed exporter in the US to do this. This is going to cost you money.why do I need the export permit, I am not the exporter......
Utterly irrelevant if you intend to do this legally. The exporter is not going to hand the ammo over to your friends to drive across the border.Lets just say I have friends who are less than 15 minutes from Canada/USA borders
heck they even get gas cheaper.......
An export license is required by US law to export the ammo. You need to deal with a licensed exporter in the US to do this. This is going to cost you money.



























